For those who sell complex products:
By "complex products" we mean products that have different relations and dependencies, for example, industrial automation sensors have different features and, accordingly, they solve different problems. At the same time, each sensor works in conjunction with a specific platform (which itself has a set of different characteristics). At the same time, the sensors can have additional accessories, which can change their capabilities and purpose.
As a result, in order to be able to manage all this information, we need to be able to store all these different types of data into the system and have ability to set relations and dependencies between them.
Reducing costs for maintaining product information:
- Unified user interface for working with product information.
- The ability to define a business process for product enrichment to control it.
- Support for various product categories.
- Importing files and images and associating them with the product.
- Support for any additional data related to the product (for example, stores, warehouses, etc.).
- Support for dependencies between products and other data (for example, a product can replace another product, etc.).
Improving the quality of product information:
- Automatic data type validations (numbers, dates, etc.).
- Automatic checks for data completeness (whether all required fields are filled in).
- Any specific product information checks.
- Validation of files and images (checking the presence, quality and format of the image).
- Automatic unit conversion.
- Product localization support.
Electronic catalog and data exchange:
- The ability to access data to others (electronic catalog).
- The ability to export data in any format.
- The ability to generate printable forms (reports, specifications, etc.).